Frequently asked questions
- Q: When are you running your classes? When can I have a go? Do I need to book in?
A: We run classes every day at different times, 4 to 6 classes a day. You can book your class for the day & time that is convenient for you, including today if there are places available. We do not accept walk-ins, your place needs to be booked prior to the class and we operate a 48 hour cancellation policy in case you need to make any changes.
- Q: Are your classes suitable for complete beginners? How long are your classes? Do I need to bring anything with me?
A: Our taster classes are designed for complete beginners, are 90 minutes long, coached in a group (adults & kids together // 10 people max), with all the equipment provided. We recommend wearing comfortable clothing and avoiding high heels.
- Q: Are there any age restrictions to attend a class?
A: We cater to anyone 8+ years old, there's no upper limit (our most senior visitor was celebrating his 90th birthday).
- Q: When can I start my training on a course? What days do you run course classes? Are these on a weekly basis?
A: As above, all our classes run every day at various times, including course classes. You can book each class at your convenience and complete your course in 3 days (doing 2 classes a day) or spread it over 3 months.
- Q: Do I need to do a taster class, if I'm planning to take a course?
A: Taster class is the first class of the course. You only need to tell us on the day that you'd like to continue with the course.
- Q: How can I make a booking? Shall I book online?
A: Simply call or email us or fill in the form - and we'll advise on the current availability and get you booked in. We reply to all enquiries within 24 hours, most are resolved within 2 hours (during opening time). Online booking is only available for the club members & people doing a course.
- Q: How much does it cost?
A: £30 per person for a one-off class (PAYG) or £150 per person for the package of 6 classes. You do not need to purchase a package to do the course - PAYG is also fine.
- Q: How do I pay?
A: Most payments can be made on the day of your class, we accept cash and cards. We require prepayment for groups of 3+ people - this can be made with card over the phone or by bank transfer.
- Q: What happens to my course / monthly pass in case of a new lockdown?
A: Shall the club have to close for any reason - all expiry dates will be extended accordingly (although we wouldn't be able to offer refunds, as per our T&Cs).
- Q: Is there parking available?
A: We do not have our own parking facility. There are 10 pay & display bays across the road (£3 p/h), and free roadside parking on a single yellow line after 18:30 on weekdays & whole weekends.
We are a truly unique archery club combining top quality and convenience
- open 7 days a week, 10-12 hours a day - 80 hours a week in total
- location in TfL zone 2 (Greenwich) - 15 min from London Bridge, 30 min from the City
- stylish and funky premises specially designed from scratch for indoor archery fun :)
- two 18 meter ranges allowing up to 20 archers to shoot simultaneously
- proper heating / air-conditioning / ventilation
- all bow types for training: Olympic recurve, compound, traditional
- storage for customers' bows
- highly qualified coaches
It is not that easy to find any of the above mentioned features in London (except for location maybe), and we are the only archery club boasting a combination of those :)
We run classes every day at different times
Simply book your archery session online
(authorised members only) / give us a quick call (+44 7557 2345 73
) / drop a text or email
with the date/time you'd prefer to have a class, and we'll advise on the availability.
We offer you 3 main options
No cancellations are available under 48 hours before the class
- If you like exploring new cool activities → try our tasting archery session (90 min long coached class with all the equipment - £30 pp) or book a corporate event / party → think about point 2 below.
This is how our regular one-off 90 min class is structured (you will be shooting with barebow):
Please be aware our classes are supervised at all times, and everyone is required to follow the instructions of the staff for safety reasons.
- 5 min theoretical induction
- 10 min gearing up
- 5 min warming up
- 10 min learning the basics of technique
- 15 min shooting targets at 6m distance
- 15 min shooting targets at 12m distance
- 10 min shooting balloons at 12m distance
- 15 min competition & final tips
- 5 min smiling whilst taking pictures :)
- If you are interested in becoming an independent archer → take our beginners archery course (6 * 90 min classes, for the price of 5 - £150 pp) → think about becoming our club member and train on your own or proceed with an instructor.
This is how our typical beginners course is structured (no fixed days/times, book each class when it's convenient for you):
You can start your course any day :)
- class 1: as above
- class 2: shooting Olympic recurve bow at 12m distance
- class 3: shooting Olympic recurve / barebow (you choose one for the remaining classes) at 12m distance
- class 4: shooting Olympic recurve / barebow (as above) at 12m distance, zombie target faces
- class 5: shooting Olympic recurve / barebow (as above) at 18m distance, preparing for the club's shooting test
- class 6: shooting Olympic recurve / barebow (as above) at 18m distance, taking the club's shooting test to be signed off as an independent archer
As soon as you pass the club's shooting test with one of the bow types above - you can start learning to shoot compound or traditional bows (we've got English longbows, Korean and Hungarian horsebows, Italian recurve bows).
- If you are already an experienced archer → book an induction (15 min long free test session) → train on your own or improve your archery skills greatly with an instructor.
There are 2 alternative payment options for archers with their own equipment (each all-inclusive, no extras):
- option 1: £15 per 2 hour session
- option 2: £125 per month, giving you unlimited shooting time (over 300 hours per month) and a free slot in our storage for your bow
Full list of our services (subject to T&Cs)
||Price (per person, in GBP)
||Coached, up to 10 people
||Any level of proficiency
||Upfront payment, 3 months to complete the course
|Beginner: party / day out (10+ people)
||Coached, your team
||We can accommodate up to 32 people for a party
||Everyone shooting with us regularly is a club member
||Pass: score every arrow on FITA 40 cm target from 18m
||No extra costs, simply PAYG
||Coached, up to 10 people
||Any level of proficiency, highly qualified instructors
||Coached, individual (1-2-1)
||At pro range speed, any level of proficiency, any requirements
||Unlimited access, free storage for 1 bow
||Check details here. Email to arrange
|Pro: hawkeye course (advanced superhero bow training)
||Coached, individual (1-2-1)
||Shoot with Hoyt Gamemaster II :) Train like a real Avenger! Become a Hawkeye!
||Storage for 1 bow
||Any of the services above which apply to the recipient's level
||Valid for 6 months from issue date
Email to buy a gift certificate